Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (the Department) will oversee and manage the master planning process for the revitalisation of the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct.
This is an opportunity to create a vibrant and thriving foreshore precinct that is activated for the public’s benefit while also maintaining the cultural and existing qualities of the area.
This includes improving the public domain and connection between the city and waterfront, creating economic and job growth, and providing additional housing.
- Activate the space and bring more people to the area.
- Maintain and ensure connections between the city and the waterfront.
- Build on current investment and activities.
- Help grow new jobs for the region.
- Create economically sustainable public domain and community assets.
- Establish the precinct as a desirable destination for tourists and locals alike.
- Put the community at the centre of the decision-making process through broad, inclusive and transparent consultation.
View larger and more detailed version of the six-stage delivery program
- The Department is recommencing stakeholder and community engagement to discuss the feasibility study outcomes and gather feedback to help inform a detailed concept plan for the site.
- A Project Advisory Steering Committee, comprising stakeholders and community representatives, is being established to assist in progressing the project and ensuring continued community involvement. View details on the nomination process to be part of the Committee.
- Registrations of interest to join the PSAC have closed. The Department is currently in the process of evaluating all submissions and should be in a position to announce the PSAC membership in the coming weeks. A copy of the evaluation criteria can be found here.