Former Manly Hospital Site
In October 2018, Manly Hospital was closed, all patients and services were relocated to the new Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH).
In November 2018 the NSW Government announced that an Adolescent and Young Adult Hospice (AYAH) would be located on a portion of the Site.
A draft Concept plan has been developed by NSW Health and an indicative location agreed for the AYAH facility.
About the proposal
The project team will work collaboratively with the Project Steering Advisory Committee (PSAC), incorporating NSW Health, the Northern Sydney Local Health District and Community stakeholders to develop a Master Plan identifying future uses for the Site. The master planning will focus on developing an adaptive reuse strategy for the existing heritage buildings to deliver a mix of open and community space, ancillary retail and commercial space focussed on Health and Wellbeing.
In consultation with key stakeholders and the community D&T will develop a future uses Master Plan in accordance with the agreed Guiding principles and Vision statement.
“A vibrant health and wellbeing sanctuary which welcomes and supports the needs of the local and wider community – achieved through innovation and balance”.
- The community will have continued access to the Site for social/recreation activities and use of public/private services.
- The rainforest area will be permanently reserved.
- The services developed on the Site will contribute to the health, wellbeing and care of the community.
- The services provided from the Site’s uses will address a defined community need for which there are tangible and ongoing benefits.
- A diverse range of services and partnerships will be pursued which leverage the greatest collective value for the community.
- The services and infrastructure proposals for the site must demonstrate financial sustainability.
D&T has commenced community consultation, closing on 2 September 2019. The community is invited to ‘Have your say’ on the project website: www.formermanlyhospitalsite.com.au.