Property NSW is proceeding with plans for the rezoning of Government land at Peat Island and Mooney Mooney.
The rezoning will facilitate the future redevelopment of the site for a mix of residential, community, tourism and employment generating land uses (including tourism, retail, a marina, restaurant, café and service station).
- In January 2015, the rezoning proposal was sent to the Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) for their consideration as part of the Gateway Determination process.
- In September 2015, DPE requested additional information in order to progress the proposal.
- In October and November 2015, clarifications and discussion with DPE occurred to determine the additional information required and it was concluded that a revised proposal is required to address the issues raised by DPE.
- In December 2015, Property NSW engaged consultants to respond to the issues raised by DPE.
- In April 2016, Property NSW's consultant team commenced further technical investigations, primarily building on existing technical investigations and studies.
- In March 2017, Central Coast Council allowed the revised proposal to proceed to the DPE.
- The proposal has been submitted to the DPE for consideration.
- If DPE is satisfied with the revised proposal a Gateway Determination is issued. The Gateway Determination may contain conditions that must be satisfied in order to progress the proposal. It will set out further investigations, community consultation and time frames that must be addressed for the proposal to be finalised.
- Property NSW will conduct extensive community consultation and additional studies.
- The revised proposal may be amended based on the outcomes of these detailed investigations and community consultation.
- The final proposal is then submitted Council, then DPE for finalisation.
If you would like to make contact with us, provide comment or seek clarification, we can be contacted through:
Mail: Property NSW, GPO Box 4081, Sydney NSW 2001