Rydalmere planning proposal
Property NSW has managed the preparation of a planning proposal to support the rezoning of the surplus government site at Rydalmere, in Sydney’s north-west. Public exhibition of the proposal is anticipated late 2018.
About the proposal
The proposal would see a 19 hectare site, located at 26 Kissing Point Road and 266 Victoria Road, transformed into a residential neighbourhood, with green open space, with local retail and commercial uses, and preservation of the adjoining bushland.
Some of the key features of this proposal include:
- Over 6,000 square metres of green open space, which will be accessible to the local community
- An additional 3.5 hectares of accessible bushland reserve will be preserved and made accessible to the public along Vineyard Creek
- Opportunity for commercial space with uses such as childcare and other community facilities
- Development of retail space accommodating a local supermarket, cafes and speciality retail to support the new and existing community
- Around 2,550 residential dwellings
- A new internal road network through the site with wide entry boulevards and footpaths and cycleways
The proposal will deliver a number of benefits for the community and the broader economy, including:
- Accelerating urban renewal and the provision of housing choice within the Greater Parramatta area
- Provision of residential dwellings closer to employment opportunities in the Parramatta CBD, Rydalmere and Western Sydney University’s Rydalmere campus
- Locating commercial uses in the southern part of the site to improve connectivity between the two university campuses.
- Preserving biodiversity values in the Vineyard Creek corridor.
- Provision of significant opportunities for open space and recreation.
The NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) issued a Gateway determination in September 2017, creating the opportunity for the local community to have its say on the proposal to rezone the site to accommodate a range of future uses. Property NSW is managing the techincal reprots required by the Gateway determination and anticipates public exhibition of the proposal in late 2018.
Have Your Say
The City of Parramatta Council will place this proposal on public exhibition for a 30-day period.
Property NSW will hold community information sessions for local residents during the exhibition period at which you can find out more about the project.
Further information will be available shortly.
Register Your Interest
For further enquiries, or to provide feedback, please contact email@example.com, inserting 'Rydalmere Proposal' in the subject line.